Meet the Austins by Madeleine L'Engle
Book Report by: Dani
Meet the Austins takes place on the East coast in a small town near the ocean.
The main characters are:
- Vicky – She's 12-years old and she's got a little bit of a temper. She thinks that everyone else is better than her. She doesn't feel pretty.
- John – He goes to a regional high school and he's really smart. He does a lot of studying and he likes to be by himself. He helps Vicky to feel better.
- Suzy – She has blonde hair and she wants to be a doctor, like her dad. She loves to wear dresses and is really pretty.
- Maggie – She is 10-years old and she loves to rip dolls apart to let Suzy operate on them. She destroys whatever she touches. She talks a lot. She's an orphan and she lives with the Austins.
- Rob – He has brown hair and he loves his Elephant Child, a stuffed animal with a musical box. He loves to pray and says about 2000 God blesses every night.
Maggie is an orphan child and she is staying with the Austin family because her dad died in a plane crash. There are four children in the Austin family and my favorite character is Vicky.
Vicky is like me. She feels awkward and not really sure of herself. But she's actually really smart and she loves her family. But she gets really upset sometimes, like I do. And one day she sneaked away to her friend's house and she had a bike accident on the way. She broke her arm and her teeth got bent. She had to go to the hospital.
The Austins are always listening to music and singing. That's like me, too. And they say prayers every night, like Grandma and I do. Rob says a million God blesses and his mom has to slow him down. Otherwise, there would never be an ending.
I noticed that their family all gets along until another person shows up and everything gets messed up. It's very confusing for the whole family. It's kind of hard for Vicky. Vicky is having the hardest time.
I would recommend this book to a friend because this family is comforting. They are amazing and have lots of adventures.
I give Meet the Austins 5 stars! Would you?
Copyright © 2015 Dani Speaks, All rights reserved. May not be duplicated.